I have a half marathon I am signed up for in June. In fact, it’s the first Saturday in June.
I ran a 15K in March (9.3 miles), but the farthest I have run since then was a hilly seven miler on Wednesday last week, so I have some work to do.
Basically, I want to run a twelve mile training run two weeks before the half itself, which would need to be the weekend of 17-May-2014. I need to ramp up another five miles in four weeks.
Fortunately, I also ran another hilly seven yesterday and there is a pretty straight line from that seven to the twelve miler as follows:
- 26-Apr-2014 – eight miles
- 03-May-2014 – nine miles
- 10-May-2014 – ten miles
- 17-May-2014 – shorter run, probably the seven I did yesterday again
- 24-May-2014 – twelve miles
- 31-May-2014 – shorter run, probably something like five
- 07-Jun-2014 – Helvetia Half marathon
The other thing I need to do is figure out the training plan for Hood To Coast in August, especially in amongst our holiday plans.