February ended up being about one thing: finishing a short story I was committed to delivering by the end of the month. If I wasn’t working on it, I was feeling bad about not working on it.
Let’s see if anything else happened at all.
Three Things for February
- finish a short story – complete! There are some parts of this story which I really like, and it makes sense to me at least. We will see how other readers react.
- revise Song – no work.
- get back to doing actual crit work with the crit group – we met again as a group which was awesome, but no crit work from me.
That’s a pretty solid 1/3, so no: nothing else happened apart from the short story.
Three Things for 2018
Annual goals seem likely to be slippery this time, but let’s review anyway.
- finish A Turquoise Song – clearly not completing by the end of April now. I did no work on Song in February.
- submit my work – a goal in two parts:
- submit Song once it is done
- complete and submit short stories
First short story of the year complete and sent off. Hopefully the next one won’t take as long.
- produce Livia as an audiobook – still no work. I did a quick video for something else which taught me some interesting things about how flaky Audacity is, though, so I might have to look carefully at the tools for this task.
Three Things for March
March is when I get back to Song.
- revise Song – specifically:
- complete prologue rewrite
- revise two more chapters
- do actual crit work with the crit group
- book some things for later in the year – retreat and Willamette Writers most relevantly here, but there is some summer holiday planning to be done too.
Spring is nearly here!