Running a little late on this because staying on track with NaNoWriMo has been consuming most of a reduced pool of writing time. But, I want to review progress and see where I am.
Three Things for October
- revise Song — finished the punch list revisions and completed work on the third pass comments. Out to my crit group now for feedback.
I’m very pleased to have this draft done.
- NaNoWriMo — two things:
- prep for writing in November — did a good amount of prep but didn’t quite manage the full set of chapter outlines I was aiming for. I definitely had enough to start writing, though.
- post a series of NaNoPreMo blog posts — done.
- setup audio recording area — no work on this. I mean, I did some more office tidying, but no progress on the booth.
That’s 2/3 for anyone’s money.
Again, I did not explicitly mention health goals. Those are at an interesting stage which I will, as usual, talk about in a later post, but in short I am reaching the point of considering how to maintain my positive outcomes. That’s something else I am pleased about.
October, in fact, was a splendid month.
Three Things for 2018
Where am I on my goals as the year draws to a close?
- finish A Turquoise Song — draft done. Now I just have to query it.
- submit my work — a goal in two parts:
- submit Song once it is done
- complete and submit short stories
Song is done so I need to submit that.
I had an opportunity to refine my third Boundary Shock Quarterly story, which ate a little into other tasks but had a good outcome.
- produce Livia as an audiobook — no new work.
I feel like most of these goals are coming home. I am sad about the audio book progress, but I am getting word things done.
Three Things for November
NaNoWriMo is here.
- NaNoWriMo — make the words.
- blog — don’t forget to do blog things! *
- office clean-up — still a mess, still need space for an audio area.
To the word mines!
[*] narrator voice: He totally forgot to do blog things.