It’s the last month of the year and I feel like I am waking up after the long month of November. What exactly is going on again?
Three Things for November
- NaNoWriMo — made the words, if not the entire story yet.
- blog — I made some blog posts, admittedly mostly about NaNoWriMo but there were blog posts.
- office clean-up — didn’t really do anything here. Ugh.
Still, a firm 2/3.
I never wrote a blog post in November about health goals but I do want to post an update about that so a health-focussed update will be coming. It is good news, though.
The best thing about November was a regular write-in with some local authors. We are going to be continuing that in the new year, which I am quite excited about.
Three Things for 2018
Where am I on my goals as the year draws to a close?
- finish A Turquoise Song — I not only decided against querying this in November, but chose to engage a developmental editor to look at the pacing and other issues with the book. Basically, I feel like I need some advice on how to make the book function properly. I am expecting feedback in a little over a week, but once those comments come in I will be working on the fourth draft. I will call it a new draft, because I want to draw a distinction between how far I got on my own and where I went with guidance.
- submit my work — a goal in two parts:
- submit Song once it is done
- complete and submit short stories
All my Boundary Shock Quarterly stories are done. I will not be querying Song this year.
- produce Livia as an audiobook — no new work, and this looks like an abandoned goal unless there is some extraordinary effort in December.
I have no plans for such an effort.
I have made consistent progress on everything except the audiobook production. I would be happier if more things were actually complete, but having three stories out in the wild is pretty special.
Three Things for December
Finishing up 2018 in fine style, I hope.
- Cinnamon Harmonies — I don’t particularly expect to finish this in December, but I do want to keep working on it.
- Song fourth draft — I am nervous about the feedback I am going to receive, but I am looking forward to making the book better. This month will probably be more about ensuring that I understand the feedback I receive than necessarily applying all of it.
- blog — there are a few posts I have delayed. Catch up on those.
- office clean-up — I just need to clean that shit up. Not expecting to set aside an audio are of any type.
Let’s get it done.